Our commitment to clients, families, and colleagues
Farrell Healthcare is a private care agency providing quality care in the Blackpool, Fylde and Wyre area.
With a combined experience of 25 years in the healthcare sector, our executive team offers a variety of expertise including specialist community nursing, care of the elderly, rehabilitation, quality and service management.
We are committed to providing high quality domiciliary care services from long-term care to support with everyday living. Our comprehensive services are tailored to meet the individual requirements of our clients to maxmimise their independence and to maintain their wellbeing within the comfort of their own home. All of our clients receive an initial assessment by a qualified nurse and care plans are reviewed on an ongoing basis to ensure that the individual needs and preferences of our clients are met at all times.
We offer a range of home care services, including:
- Domestic assistance (shopping, cooking, cleaning, laundry)
- Personal care (meal provision, hygiene)
- Hospital to home escorting
- Social companionship
- Palliative care
- Nursing assessments
Offering nurse-led expertise, we utilise the knowledge and skills of our executive team to positively enhance the services we deliver and the staff we train.
By understanding our local demographic we are able to personalise our care packages to suit the needs and preferences of our service users. We also understand that a wider range of domiciliary services is needed to help support the local acute hospital in diverting resources into the community to reduce the number of non-elective admissions: we work in partnership with the local hospital and social services to assist in supporting early discharges and shared care; and we work with the local ambulance service to provide supporting information about clients and their normal presentations to assist in triaging.
Understanding the wishes of our service users in the terminal phase, and engaging with their loved ones, is paramount in achieving the best possible outcomes for end of life clients. We therefore work collaboratively with district nurses and GPs to ensure our client’s wishes and needs are met.
Our objective is to deliver only the highest quality home care services to our clients to improve health outcomes for the local population. This is achieved through our 5 C’s approach to care provision:
- Compassion: we forge lasting relationships with our service users by demonstrating equality, respect, and empathy at all times: our clients are at the very heart of what we do
- Competence: our dedicated staff has the knowledge and skills to deliver a high standard of evidence-based practice; and our executive team has extensive experience in the healthcare profession
- Communication: we engage with service users and their families by offering bespoke care packages and by promoting shared decision-making; we use client feedback as the basis for developing our services
- Continuity: we foster a holistic approach to service delivery by liaising with a range of healthcare professionals in both an acute and community setting to ensure continuity and consistency in the provision of care
- Commitment: our promise to our service users and their families is to provide the highest standards of care possible to meet their individual requirements
We actively promote partnership working across the health economy by operating alongside primary and acute healthcare providers in order to offer, where practicable, a seamless and integrated service.
Through this integrated approach to care provision, it is our aim to enhance health outcomes for the local population.
All of our staff are DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checked, receive an annual appraisal, and undergo mandatory training in:
- Safeguarding vulnerable adults
- Medications management
- Moving and handling
- Food hygiene
- Infection prevention
- Challenging behaviour
Farrell Healthcare is registered with the CQC (Care Quality Commission).