Farrell Healthcare is a family based private care agency committed to providing quality care in the Lytham, St Annes, and South Shore area.
With a combined experience of over 25 years in the healthcare sector, our executive team offers a variety of expertise including specialist community nursing, dementia, long term conditions, care of the elderly, rehabilitation, and end of life care.
We are committed to providing high quality domiciliary care services from long-term care to support with everyday living. Our comprehensive services are individually tailored to ensure that our clients are empowered to make the right choices regarding their care plan and to maxmimise their independence within the comfort of their own home. All clients receive an initial assessment by a qualified nurse and care plans are reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Our commitment to our clients, their families, and our colleagues is simple: at Farrell Healthcare our purpose and our promise is to provide a consistently high standard of care to ensure quality health outcomes for our service users according to their individual needs, while ensuring their privacy, safeguarding against discrimination, and maintaining confidentiality at all times in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
Our commitment to quality is achieved through our 'Five C's' approach:
- Compassion: we forge lasting relationships with our service users by demonstrating equality, respect, and empathy at all times: our clients are at the very heart of what we do
- Competence: our executive team of qualified nurses continually assess the competency of our staff by direct observation, supervised practice, and regular appraisals to ensure that our dedicated team has the knowledge and skills to deliver a high standard of care
- Communication: we engage with service users and their families by offering bespoke care packages and by promoting shared decision-making; we use client feedback as the basis for developing our services
- Continuity: we adopt a co-ordinated approach to service delivery by liaising with a range of healthcare professionals in both an acute and community setting to promote and enable integrated care, and to ensure continuity and consistency in the services we provide
- Commitment: our promise to our service users and their families is to provide the highest standards of care possible to meet their individual requirements
We actively promote partnership working across the health economy by working alongside primary and acute healthcare providers in order to deliver accessible and integrated services.
Offering nurse-led expertise, we utilise the knowledge and skills of our executive team to positively enhance the services we deliver and the staff we train.
All of our staff are DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checked, receive an annual appraisal, and undergo mandatory training in:
- Safeguarding vulnerable adults
- Medications management
- Moving and handling
- Food hygiene
- Infection prevention
- Challenging behaviour
Additionally, all of our staff are shadowed by a qualified nurse assessor on a regular basis. This is to ensure that staff training is ongoing, is provided on an individual basis, and that the training we provide is tailored according to the needs of our clients.